Sublime Forum

Integration with ST

Hi,

I just bought SM. Is there or will there be a way of opening the current ST project in SM?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Open Sublime Merge From Sublime Text
0 Likes

I’m sorry. Not trying to be difficult here… but why would this not be PRIORITY #1?! integration between products would sell the other, easily.

Why isn’t this first out of the gate? You want to sell Sublime Text? OH. LOOK AT THIS COOL GIT CLIENT THAT WORKS WITH IT?!

You want to sell Sublime Merge? HEY. LOOK AT THIS KICKASS TEXT EDITOR THAT INTEGRATES WITH THIS GIT CLIENT?!

WOW

0 Likes

I would think having a functional and usable product that doesn’t crash or corrupt your files or git repository would be priority #1. Integration with other products internal or external can come at any time, retrieving accidentally deleted files cannot.

Keep in mind, there are thousands of plugin developers for ST that can handle basic integration support with SM while the product devs can concentrate on features and functionality for either product.

2 Likes

@akulbe: Just have a look at the number of features requested for SM itself, after it got out a few weeks ago. They can just be added one after another. There have been a couple of - I think - more important features to think about, like submodule support, worktrees, gitflow, … and improving general usability of SM itself, which are needed by a wide range of users to be able to replace their old git gui with SM without loosing any crucial feature.

I even saw complains about SM being able to read the syntax definitions installed in ST.

I am looking forward for a more seamless integration of both as well, but agree with @srbs it is not the most important thing.

0 Likes

You can link/export path for the smerge tool and add a keymap:

1 Like

I finally went with a Keyboard Maestro solution as using smerge and a keymap opens stuff in its own window (contrary to the tools help text).

Maybe other KM users out there will find it helpful to pick bits out of the macro.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Great solution. With quiet run and show_panel_on_build set to false it does the job perfectly!

0 Likes

Opening the fro in ST from Merge is built in already :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Really, I can’t find it. Where is it, if you please?

0 Likes

I have this entry

0 Likes

I don’t know, man. I am on build 2025 of SM, and the command palette does not have this command.
What’s your version?

0 Likes

Same as yours, maybe I edited some file. I will double check

0 Likes

Sounds like something is out of date for your SM, I just verified it is a default package.

If you copy Default.sublime-package from your installation dir and extract it. Inside of Action.sublime-menu you should have

{
		"caption": "Open Repository in Sublime Text…",
		"command": "open_dir_in_sublime_text",
		"args": { "dir": "$working_dir" }
	},

if not, maybe a fresh install will fix this.

0 Likes

I reinstalled: nothing.

0 Likes

What platform are you on?

0 Likes

Win 10. Second reinstall, still nothing.

0 Likes

Let me verify on my Win 10 machine, I am heavy MacOS user

0 Likes

Thanks! Thanks! (Haha: post must be > 10 chars…)

0 Likes

I have it on windows too! Do me a favor close Sublime Merge hold Shift + Alt and Click Sublime Merge to start it in safe mode. Then open a Repo and see if your and do a Ctrl + Shift + P and open in sublime

0 Likes