Sublime Forum

Hide menu in fullscreen mode!

I’m considering switching my workflow from VIM to Sublime text but unfortunately there’s a huge glaring flaw in Sublime. I can’t get the menu bar to hide in full screen mode!

I’ve attached a screenshot of an example. I’m currently working in Arch Linux, and I’m pretty upset as I’ve looked through the internet and it seems there is no support from the Sublime developers for us Linux users. IMO “Distraction free edit mode” should not have a huge menu bar poking out from the top. I know it might sound petty, but my entire workflow revolves around things being completely clean and distraction free. The only menu bars I have shown in my workflow are my basic Window Manager menu bars, and I don’t want application menus taking over my desktop.

I was hoping since Sublime had a “distraction free” mode it would support my work ideology. I’m very happy with everything about sublime, but this is really a dealbreaker for me and I was just about to purchase until I looked into this issue and found many many complaints from other linux users about this same problem on the internet, and no solution or even replies from the official developers!

Please let me know the status of this. Is there any sort of API that I can access to do this? I’d be happy for a plugin. But compiling support into GNOME 3 manually is not a solution for me (this is the recommended solution…). I don’t even have the full GNOME desktop installed as I find it way over bloated, and stay far away from GNOME 3.

Thank you, please let me know as I know other linux users want this feature enabled as well. Not all of us are running Ubuntu/Windows.

EDIT: Here’s more users with this problem. sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/9 … -on-linux/
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12441&p=48966&hilit=hide+menu+bar#p48966
sublimetext.com/forum/viewt … ?f=4&t=102 (tried toggleApp showMenuFullscreen didn’t work for me :frowning: )

Here’s a screenshot: imgur.com/vRNHMJO

0 Likes

It’s the same for me.

0 Likes