Sublime Forum

Enter your license key bellow

Now need to buy? Is there no free version?
:frowning:

0 Likes

0 Likes

If you read the licensing terms and you should than you will notice there was never a free version. It’s allowed to evaluate it, but continued use legally requires a license.

Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use.
4 Likes

You don’t seem to be installing from the official sources. We don’t publish a package named sublime-text-dev. Instead, head over to http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/linux_repositories.html and set up the stable channel. That can be evaluated for free. The dev channel requires a license.

0 Likes

I purchased my ST3 license years ago, and yesterday upon launching, ST prompted me to download and install the new version, and that went without issue. I wasn’t prompted to enter my license again, but I still have that part in the upper-right that says “LICENSE UPGRADE REQUIRED”. So just to check, I went to Cmd -> Help -> Upgrade License, and pasted in my information and submitted, and I got a pop-up saying that it’s already a valid ST 3 license and no upgrade is required. Soooo…why isn’t that reflected in the UI, where it’s still telling me to upgrade?

0 Likes

Can you send an email to sales@sublimetext.com with your license info? I don’t have access to all of the sales data, but it seems there may be a discrepancy between the license cutoff in the app and the site.

2 Likes

I actually paid for the upgrade license but there is no way to input it in the software. I have build 3143 both after automatic update with patch and re-downloading. I still get the text “Upgrade License Required” in the upper right corner of the window, but there is no command to input my license. Really broken process. Even people who pay are being thwarted. Good way to generate bad will unnecessarily.

0 Likes

So, I fixed it but it still shows a problem with the licensing process. I had to remove license and revert to unregistered state. Then, the menu changes to show Enter License command. Did this and all shows up properly.

Minor but exhibits a problem that should go away.

1 Like

Having to remove a license before you add/insert a new one shouldn’t be that far off for a procedure to consider, but I agree that a menu entry to insert the new license directly would be easier. Especially considering ST asks you to renew the license in the first place.

1 Like

Hi

I have a problem with paying for the upgrade. Unfortunately, I only have PayPal to pay. Why can I buy Sublime Text with PayPal but not upgrade with PayPal? What am I supposed to do?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes

I also have this problem.
And I also sent an email to sales@sublimetext.com but they don’t respond :frowning:.

0 Likes

My son set up my website some time ago using the free Sublime text making it simple so that I can update my site myself without having to call him for help every two minutes. Until recently it was smooth sailing, but last night I had a message from Sublime saying I had to pay from now on. Great service, so I thought, fair enough and I paid straight away. But I still have the Sublime “clamp” on my site and it won’t let me update. I have a “key” but have no idea where the door is! I have emailed support but no reply. Weekend in Australia, I know so maybe that’s why I’ve not had a response. Please help.

0 Likes

There’s no such thing as a “free” Sublime Text; there’s only a freely available trial to allow you to determine if you want to either keep using it (and pay for a license) or decide it’s not for you (and stop using it).

However with that nit pick aside, Sublime is only a text editor so I don’t understand what you mean when you say it won’t let you update your site. The worst that Sublime does is pop up a dialog box reminding you that you should pay for it if you continue to use it, which doesn’t stop you from using it at all.

Can you provide more information on what problem you’re seeing? Do you have a key and you just don’t know where to put it?

2 Likes