Sublime Forum

Edit tmTheme in Sublime Text 3 Build 3126 for <key>lineHighlight</key>

I use MacBookPro with OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) and tried to change the lineHighlight color in my theme ‘Blackboard’.
I did use PackageResourceViewer for that.
The default color FFFF0F never appears too!

But the color never changes. What is wrong there, what can I do?

Thank you for an answer!

Manfred

0 Likes

There are some options:

1. Some packages of yours is caching your theme file. So, disable that bad package, and re-enable it when you finished your changes.
  2. You are editing the wrong file. Also, do it on the package is not good because when the package updates, you lose your changes.

Instead of editing the package file, override it on the user package folder. Its idea comes from:

1. https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/packages.html
  2. http://stackoverflow.com/a/37060993/4934640
  3. Sublime Text 3 overriding crucial keys in my keyboard layout
0 Likes

Thank you!
I found the Color Scheme package in the path /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Packages
I extracted the file Blackboard.tmTheme to /Users/mareb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Color Scheme/ and edit the lineHighlight color value.
Then I delete the files from/Users/mareb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Cache/Color Scheme - Default/.
After restart of application a new cache file Blackboard.thTheme.cache was generated, but the lineHighlight color does not changed.

0 Likes

Disable that package which is caching things until you finish.
Maker sure you put correctly the paths, they must the the same for both folder, Installed Packages and Packages. Example:

0 Likes

Sorry for my late answer - got no time…
I do not understand, what

Disable that package which is caching things until you finish.

to do. What is “that package”? How to “disable”?
I do not know, how to put “correctly paths” and do not understand the example.

May be, it is complicated for me, because english is not my mother language.

0 Likes

You have to find out what is the package. The easy why is to disable almost everything.

This is the correct path:

I extracted the file Blackboard.tmTheme to /Users/mareb/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Color Scheme/

0 Likes