Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3135

Dev Build 3135 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev with a few misc fixes

4 Likes

Japanese input still broken on Linux. I suggest you investigate loading the GTK immodule.

0 Likes

Weird scrolling in sidebar is still present as well. Thanks to it I can only scroll sidebar from top to bottom, but not the otherwise.

0 Likes

Previously opened windows were lost after restarting. Same happened to recent files/projects/etc buffers. Running on OSX v. 10.11.6.

0 Likes

New windows start with an empty find history

any way to disable that, please? I find it annoying - I drag a tab out so that it will open a new window, and I lose my find string and history… what was the motivation for this change?

2 Likes

New windows start with an empty find history

This must be a bug, also the update nuked my history too. Please fix asap.

0 Likes

I got a warning installing the latest version

The package doesn’t provide a valid Installed-Size control field. See Debian Policy 5.6.20.

I think that’s a regression I never saw this message before (or it’s maybe due to an Ubuntu update that now check this control field).

0 Likes

My console says

environment variables loaded using: /usr/local/bin/fish -l

thanks guys!

0 Likes

This version cleared out my Session.sublime_session on macOS 10.12.5. I can restore that session file, but it doesn’t help. ST3 opens with no history, no open files, etc. No way that I can tell to get at my previous session with this version.

0 Likes

Graphical bug when opening sublime. when i click inside the panel it clears out.

Didn’t happen on prev dev release. i tried default color schemes to rule out theme related issues.

0 Likes

What platform are you on? Does it happen if you move your data dir (described at http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html)? Just be sure to move it back afterwards so you don’t lose any settings or packages.

0 Likes

im on both Arch/gnome as on windows and happens on both. i removed my data folder on Win and it appears that doing so fixes the bug. ill remove packages one by one to check which one triggers it.

Edit: when i remove the local/session file it doesnt display, but then the session file gets recreated and on next boot it will display the bug again.

0 Likes

I believe it is related to something (or lack of something) in the [DATA FOLDER]/Local/Session.sublime_session file. I think I know what is causing it, so I’ll work on reproducing it on my end.

0 Likes

if u want i can zip my data folder and send it to you by email ?

Edit: oh i missed the part about you already knowing whats causing it.

if you need any help, just shoot me a message.

0 Likes

That shouldn’t be necessary, but I’ll let you know if I have trouble reproducing.

0 Likes

Do you know what build you upgraded from? There was a previous build that reported bytes in that field instead of kb (which resulted in the installer saying Sublime Text would use 22GB of space). Perhaps you had that installed?

I just upgraded a build from 3133 to 3136 and did not see any warning. If you are still seeing it, could you provide the command you executed?

0 Likes

I tried today from another computer on version 3132.
I’m using the .deb package from here: https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3136_amd64.deb
and installing it through Ubuntu Software Center.
So upgrading from 3132 to 3136 triggered the warning.

I then removed ST.
Trying to install directly 3133 triggered the same warning (The package doesn’t provide a valid Installed-Size control field. See Debian Policy 5.6.20.)
Same thing with build 3136.

I hope that help.

0 Likes

I tried installing the deb for 3136 using the Ubuntu Software Center on Ubuntu 16.10 and got no warning. Could you post a screenshot so I can make sure I am checking in the correct place? I also tried install 3132 first and then upgrading to 3136 without any warnings. The “Size” field was properly populated for both versions.

Perhaps you are running a different version of Ubuntu and that is part of why I can’t reproduce?

1 Like

Ok, thanks for checking.
I’m on a company customized Ubuntu 14.04 so maybe that’s the difference.
Apparently I’m the only one to have this problem (outside of my coworkers), so I guess it’s probably nothing.

0 Likes

Ok, I’ve reproduced the issue on 14.04. I’ll try to figure out what it doesn’t like about the Installed-Size value we are using.

1 Like