Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3055

Automated update did not work: started build 3054, it told me an update is available. Clicking “Update” produced “no update available”.

platform : Macbook Pro running Maverick 10.9.
I downloaded 3055, installed it, works fine.

Thx for the good work !
Charles

0 Likes

+1 for image dimensions. I think that’s probably more important to me than seeing the image itself.

0 Likes

Image dimensions and general meta would be nice, also right click to open/edit in the designated editor/finder/explorer would be super cool.

0 Likes

well… you can already do this (open files with preferred configurable app), with the SideBarEnhancements plugin!

+1 for the image meta info…

anyway the new bottom bar with tabs and LF info is perfect! thank you Jon

0 Likes

I’m getting image dimensions:

0 Likes

[quote=“weslly”]
I’m getting image dimensions:[/quote]

Oh yeah! I was overcome by excitedness and missed it. Cheers!

0 Likes

Other than meta data, having an API to display an image would be incredible.

Imagine an API that would hook into PSD/SVG images and render them by some middleware.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]Other than meta data, having an API to display an image would be incredible.

Imagine an API that would hook into PSD/SVG images and render them by some middleware.[/quote]

Or even do some basic edition/conversion with imagemagick. That would be awesome. :smile:

0 Likes

Hello,

I have a major problem with this release: “Find in files” is not working anymore!!
In particular, I noticed that the “Find results” window is opened correctly, and with the results, but jumping from one result to another is impossible (either via F4, or via double click on the line of the find results). This makes ST almost unusable.

I also tried with a fresh “install” (actually, using portable version), and I have the same issue.
Windows X64, ST3 dev build 3055, portable.

0 Likes

Wow good job jps.

The image feature in my opinion is one of the greatest feature since Sublime Text :smiley:.

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to much more in the future :smile:.

~Juje007

0 Likes

Wow! completely awesome changes!

the image preview is really great, and regarding the background for png files, if possible only it would be nice to have it customizable… color or image or default
The meta data of files would also be a nice additions not only for images but any kind of file…

also no problems with the linux menu either :wink:

Thanks jps, great work!

0 Likes

[quote=“Nova”]Hello,

I have a major problem with this release: “Find in files” is not working anymore!!
In particular, I noticed that the “Find results” window is opened correctly, and with the results, but jumping from one result to another is impossible (either via F4, or via double click on the line of the find results). This makes ST almost unusable.

I also tried with a fresh “install” (actually, using portable version), and I have the same issue.
Windows X64, ST3 dev build 3055, portable.[/quote]

Both are working on Linux 64 bit debian package.

0 Likes

On OS X Mavericks, this version crashes constantly for me as soon as I switch to a different app.

0 Likes

No issues so far on OS X 10.9 for me. Might want to try a fresh install and see if it might be a plugin that’s causing you pain.

0 Likes

I’ve been using it on OS X Mavericks for several hours and didn’t got any crashes.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nova”]Hello,

I’m seeing this problem, too; Ubuntu, 64-bit.

0 Likes

[quote=“Nova”]Hello,

Same here, Mac OS X Mavericks.

I also noticed that jumping to build errors (next result, F4) sometimes works and sometimes does not. Sometimes it sends me to the wrong line in the correct file.

0 Likes

Linux 64 bit tarball, installed on Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit:

Resolved my menu issues, described here: Menu unresponsive and laggy in ST3 build 3054, Ubuntu 13.10

Find in Files works as it always has, for me.

Viewing images was pretty cool, though not especially important for my use case.

One side effect I noticed: The menu items no longer show their keyboard shortcuts beside them. I always found this useful, and frequently used it to learn new shortcuts. Just checked, however, and this seems to have been missing in the last build as well. or maybe i imagined it all along.

0 Likes

Status bar’s current order is:
Spaces | Encoding | Line-Ending | Syntax
And should be changed to:
Encoding | Spaces | Line-Ending | Syntax

Reason: “Encoding section” can vary greatly in length (UFT-8; UTF-8 with BOM; UTF-8 LE with BOM), thus pushing the position of “Spaces section” wildly. This is annoying when switching between multiple files with different encoding

P.S: Do you plan to display image in-line with text (toggle between binaries vs image or similar to Wiki text’s linked image …/Image.jpg]])

0 Likes

Ah, nice!
Haven’t seen it at first while checking out this new build.

Good work!

And now implement something like Quick-Edit for CSS/HTML like in Adobe Brackets and I will never think of any other editor. :wink:

0 Likes