Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3042

Dev Build 3042 is out now.

Plugins can now be overridden as expected: for example, you can override the default toggle_comment plugin by creating a file Default/comment.py under your Packages directory.

There have been some changes to atomic_save on OS X and Linux, too: situations where permissions are unable to be set on the new file, such as when editing via SFTP, will cause a regular save to be performed instead. Hopefully this will avoid some of the surprises when saving via atomic save, while still getting the benefits when saving locally.

0 Likes

Does this fix include the breaks of hard links in Windows (http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12660&start=0) ?

0 Likes

:smile:

Did you explicitly fix the issue with btmmhook.dll (discussed here) or is it just luck that I haven’t seen this anymore since 3041?

There is still an issue with atomic_save on Windows, but I guess you cannot do anything about it: If a file is placed at an explicit position on Desktop and saved, it moves its position (to the next position in the grid).

0 Likes

3043 is out now, tweaking the way module importing happens, to better support Vintageous.

bizoo: there have been no changes to atomic_save on Windows

schlamar: my position on errant dlls loaded into the process hasn’t changed, if they cause crashes, there’s nothing that Sublime Text can do about it. You previously referenced a thread where a DLL was patching a kernel function and then failing to unpatch it before unloading. Sublime Text doesn’t patch any kernel functions, nor does it contain any DLLs which can become unloaded.

0 Likes

I have read somewhere else that this DLL is hooking some file change detection routines. Could it be that your latest changes fixed the issue I had with this DLL? Because it seems to be good now :smile:

But I have another small issue with the auto updater. I have pinned Sublime to my task list, but Sublime is shown in a new task after restarted by the auto updater.

0 Likes

Bug in plugin API: Deleted EventListener doesn’t get removed.

Steps to reproduce. 1. Create Plugin with something like:

[code]import sublime_plugin

class Listener(sublime_plugin.EventListener):
def on_window_command(self, window, command_name, args):
print (self, window, command_name, args)[/code]

1. Verify that the listener is working
  2. Delete the listener in the plugin and save it in ST, plugin should be reloaded now
  3. Listener is still working but it shouldn’t
0 Likes

Did this update break BracketHighlighter and SublimeLinter for anyone else, or is it just me? Error is invalid syntax in the plugins with some print statements. I run them as git clones from the Packages directory, and the files actually don’t have these errors. Is this maybe a caching error? I remember seeing this before, and it just went away after some time. Or is it a side-effect of the plugin overwrite changes?

e: Yep, looks like a problem with package overwriting. Funny thing is that it worked in 3041, when it wasn’t supposed to work.

I have Installed Packages/BracketHighlighter.sublime-package, but it should use Packages/BracketHighlighter.

0 Likes

Build 3043 is completely broken for me, can I rollback to 3042 please?

0 Likes

After updating, a lot of plugins don’t work anymore. I see errors in the console regarding “print” statements that are not using parenthesis (i.e. Python 2 style). It must be picking plugins from my Sublime2 installation somehow. Will investigate more.

0 Likes

Same errors here.
It was caused by some old plugins in the \Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\ directory.
I have the same plugins in my \Sublime Text 3\Packages\ directory.
Before this build, .sublime-package files from \Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\ was not loaded, but now they are loaded.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]It was caused by some old plugins in the \Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\ directory.
I have the same plugins in my \Sublime Text 3\Packages\ directory.[/quote]

Yes, same here.

0 Likes

Bug in build 3043:

Trying to delete a file from disk with “sidebar>delete file” gives this output:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_ return self.run(**args) File "<string>", line 18, in run AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'send2trash' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_ return self.run(**args) File "<string>", line 18, in run AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'send2trash'

0 Likes

[quote=“Verhaeg”]Bug in build 3043:

Trying to delete a file from disk with “sidebar>delete file” gives this output:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_ return self.run(**args) File "<string>", line 18, in run AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'send2trash' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_ return self.run(**args) File "<string>", line 18, in run AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'send2trash'[/quote]

This error is also popping up when trying to delete a folder. For now I just replaced the new (Build 3043) sublime_plugin.py with the old (Build 3041) sublime_plugin.py and everything seems to work fine.

0 Likes

I don’t know if I would call this a fix, but by comparing the diffs for those 2 sublime_plugin.py files, I noticed that if I replaced

sys.meta_path.insert(0, multi_importer) as found in 3043

with

sys.meta_path.append(multi_importer) as found in 3041

The error doesn’t pop up anymore.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]Same errors here.
It was caused by some old plugins in the \Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\ directory.
I have the same plugins in my \Sublime Text 3\Packages\ directory.
Before this build, .sublime-package files from \Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\ was not loaded, but now they are loaded.[/quote]

This is happening for me aswell.

Also I can no longer type ; in Sublime

0 Likes

I can’t even get ctrl+backspace, ctrl+shift+up/down to work anymore! :astonished:

0 Likes

In C mode and Monokai scheme, if I have a line

[size=150]#define sign(a) (((a) > 0) - ((a) < 0))[/size]

ST display the first “a” in the round bracket as orange and italic.

This is a bug, please fix it.

0 Likes

[quote=“john_ferrier”]In C mode and Monokai scheme, if I have a line

#define sign(a) (((a) > 0) - ((a) < 0))

This is a bug, please fix it.[/quote]

Renders just fine as "source.c meta.preprocessor.macro.c variable.parameter.preprocessor.c ", this is intended behaviour.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]

[quote=“john_ferrier”]In C mode and Monokai scheme, if I have a line

#define sign(a) (((a) > 0) - ((a) < 0))

This is a bug, please fix it.[/quote]

Renders just fine as "source.c meta.preprocessor.macro.c variable.parameter.preprocessor.c ", this is intended behaviour.[/quote]

Thank you FichteFoll, but what’s the points for such a behaviour?

0 Likes

@jps
go to symbol in project seems broken for me in 3043, symbols list fine but enter does not open file or bring me to that line. :open_mouth:

I have a few plugin installed, but not seeing any exception in console though.

0 Likes