Sublime Forum

Can't figure out how to move the sidebar to the right

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to move the sidebar, in sublime text 3, to the right side of the screen. Am I missing something obvious here?

0 Likes

I’m afraid the only “obvious” thing is that the sidebar is welded tightly to the left-hand side of the window, and you can’t get there from here.

0 Likes

Seriously?

0 Likes

Seriously. How do you move sidebar on Windows Explorer or Finder?

Please open one more thread, it surely helps!

0 Likes

Yes, seriously.

And thank you for linking to my feature request that I posted after I was told that I can’t move the file browser to the right.

Sorry for expecting the software that I paid $70 for to be slightly configurable. If coda released a linux version, I’d hop back over there. I spend 8+ hours a day using an editor and I’d like to be able to set it up the way that I’d like.

I’m not sure why you’re being a dick.

0 Likes

There are tons of plugin that customise ST. Both functionality and aspect.
You ask for some little feature with claim that “you expect to be slightly configurable”.
You open multiple threads with the same issue, because… screw logic!

Yet I’m a dick.

Let me guess: you will also want st to be open source, right?

0 Likes

What?

The troubleshooting forum is for troubleshooting. I had trouble figuring out how to move the sidebar.

The ideas and feature request forum is for requesting features. I’d like to see the ability to move the sidebar implemented as a “feature”.

Did movable sidebars kill your parents? You seem to be incredibly against this idea. Does your computer crash when you move sidebars around? Did sidebars steal your job? Where you beat with a stick made of sidebars that someone found a way to move? Yes, you are being a dick. I’m in no way sorry that you had to see both a question about moving the sidebar, followed by a feature request for the ability to move the sidebar.

If you expect the developers to browse the troubleshooting forum to look for feature requests, please submit a request to have the two forums combined, and explain why in the hell that would make sense.

0 Likes

That escalated quickly :open_mouth:

I think the point is, ST is very configurable, but sidebars placement is the one thing that is not currently. While I don’t think this should be an expected feature, it is quite reasonable to request this. Some people like to post multiple threads thinking it will force the developer to respond quickly. I understand your logic though, each of your posts had a different purpose despite their common link of desiring the sidebar to be moved.

I think that sums it up, but feel free to continue, I enjoy a good forum brawl :wink:.

0 Likes

You might find my plugin useful.
github.com/aziz/SublimeFileBrowser

0 Likes

You’ve been such a help today! First with the color scheme issue on stackoverflow, and now this.

0 Likes

I’d really like to see this feature too. ST is the only editor I use where the sidebar is fixed to the left, and it jars my workflow pretty badly. I have a large resolution (2048x1280) with iTerm on the left and on the right. The file tree between them is a real distraction, so much so that I’ve had to ditch ST for now and use either Atom or TM (currently Atom).

Dismiss the importance if you will, I envy that it doesn’t bother you - however for some of us it’s a deal breaker. Our minds work differently, and mine can’t jump between my code and my terminal smoothly with a wall of file tree between them.

0 Likes

Hello, I apologize for bringing up this topic from 9 years ago…

My question is, has this been implemented finally? I don’t want to cause controversy or anything like that, but I would like to know what’s the trick to change the sidebar to the right?

I saw a related plugin in this same post, but it has many unnecessary things. I want to keep my editor as vanilla as possible. The only thing that I have is my GitHub Copilot thanks to @jfcherng <3 and some theme to decorate the editor’s colors.

If someone is so kind as to explain how to do it, any command? or some user configuration? or maybe some trick with python?

0 Likes

There is still no way to move the position of the sidebar from the left to the right.

2 Likes

Upside down font + Rotate monitor

Solves sidebar and RTL font

3 Likes