Sublime Forum

[Solved] Browse packages error on Linux while using ver 3103

I am running ST 3103 on linux mint 17.3

i navigate to “Preferences- > Browse Packages” an audio player startsand says codec is missing.obviously something is not run on the system , just can’t figure out how to fix this - PLEASE advise. ty

0 Likes

Browse packages - no window appears

What file manager do you use?

what happens if you type this in a Linux Terminal? xdg-mime query default inode/directory (from http://superuser.com/questions/465495/how-to-find-the-default-file-manager)

1 Like

thanks kingkeith

apparently xdg-mime query default inode/directory says my default is NAUTILUS which is not installed I use the default file manager with my distro which is NEMO
any views?
thanks for helping

0 Likes

if you do a ls /usr/share/applications/, does nemo-folder-handler.desktop appear in the list?

if so, try xdg-mime default nemo-folder-handler.desktop inode/directory

might be best to restart Sublime Text afterwards, before trying Preferences -> Browse Packages again, but in my testing on Ubuntu 15.10 (changing from the default of nautilis-folder-handler.desktop to caja-folder-handler.desktop) it wasn’t necessary.

0 Likes

related/similar thread: Open containing folder [Solved]

0 Likes

you are a star Kingkeith!

that last post “related/similar etc”

You will notice that the default application was VIDEOS which was what browsing packages tried to use.
I altered default application to “Files”
now sublime text seems to work ok

a simple thing I forgot to check but your link got me on the right check. I am assuming now that this will put things right. (incidentally it explains a couple of other things that have happened and I AM a RETIRED COMPUTER PRO -I’ve been a complete BOZO LOL

thanks a LOT

0 Likes

Please Mark as resolved

thanks

0 Likes